| Suggestions |
CHIEF JUSTICE, HIGH COURT OF JHARKHAND -CUM- PATRON-IN-CHIEF, JHALSA
Hon'ble Dr. Justice Ravi Ranjan
Chief Justice, High of Jharkhand Court -cum- Patron-in-Chief, JHALSA, Ranchi
|Hon'ble Mr. Justice Dr. Ravi Ranjan was born on 20th December, 1960 at Patna. His Lordship did his M.Sc. in Geology from Patna University, and LL.B from Patna Law College, Patna University in 1989. He was awarded Ph.D. in Science (Geology) by the Patna University. After completion of M.Sc., he was engaged by the Civil Engineering Department of the Bihar College of Engineering, Patna University as a Part-time Lecturer. On completion of LL.B., he joined Patna High Court Bar on 4th of December, 1990 and has conducted Constitutional, Civil, Revenue, Criminal and Service matters mainly. He was engaged by Union of India as its Additional Standing Counsel in the Patna High Court in the month of October, 1997 and worked as such till 25th June 2004. On 26th June, 2004 he was appointed by Union of India as its Senior Standing Counsel and in the month of February 2005 the Union of India re-designated him as Assistant Solicitor General of India. He was also engaged by the Union Public Service Commission as its Nodal Counsel and the Indian Audit and Accounts Department of the Govt. of India as its Standing Counsel in the Patna High Court. That apart, he was also engaged by the Reliance Group of Industries as its Retainer Counsel and the Allahabad Bank and the Bank of Baroda as their counsel. He presented papers on "Trafficking in Women in India" and "The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 - A Portal of Hope" in Conferences held by West Bengal Commission for Women and National Commission for Women respectively both held at Kolkata. His Lordship was elevated as an Additional Judge of Patna High Court on 14th July, 2008 and appointed as permanent Judge on 16th January, 2010. As a Judge he has decided Civil Matters (Revision, Appeals, Letters Patent Appeal etc.), Writ Petitions related to Constitutional, Service, Revenue, Contract matter, other miscellaneous matters and Letters Patent Appeals arising out of writ petitions and appeals decided by Single Bench, Criminal Matters: Bail, Criminal Appeals (Division Bench), Taxation Matters (Miscellaneous Appeals), Matrimonial Matters and has also taken up several Public Interest Litigations. His Lordship had been nominated as:
* Executive Chairman, Bihar State Legal Services Authority
* Executive Chairman, Bihar Judicial Academy
* Portfolio Judge, Patna High Court and headed several committees of Patna High Court including E-Committee for computerization in High Court as well as Civil Courts,Infrastructural Development of Court Complex of the Subordinate Court including High Court Building and Staff Quarters.
*His Lordship has been appointed as Acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court w.e.f. 9.8.2018 to 11.8.2018 and 2.11.2018 to 16.11.2018.
*He has participated in various National and Regional Conferences related to Computerization and Legal Services Authority.
* Participated and presented paper on the subject “Separation of Power” in International Conference held in the month of May, 2014 at London.
* He has been Member of General Council of National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
* He has been nominated Member of Mahanadi Water Disputes Tribunal.
Elevated as The Chief Justice of High Court of Jharkhand from 17th of November 2019